Please note, we are a “Discipleship” or “Covenant” school and as such we partner with parents of like faith. If you agree with the “SCS Statement of Faith” found in the SCS Handbook, then we encourage you to learn about the potential of enrolling your child(ren).
Southside Christian School strives to keep tuition affordable for the families of Johnston County and surrounding communities. We accept both the Opportunity Scholarship and the Disability Grant to enable students to attend SCS. Additionally, the Warrior community contributes through our inhouse Grace Scholarship to provide tuition assistance to families experiencing financial hardships due to unforeseen, temporary circumstances.
Click on the following link for the 2019-20 SCS Profile
Southside Christian School is a college-preparatory Christian school which exists to support Christian families by providing Christ-centered education in an environment which challenges students to pursue spiritual and academic excellence.
- Southside Christian School is dually accredited through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancEd.
- SCS is an independent Christian school serving families from over 100 local churches.
- SCS was established in 2006.
- Southside Church and Amelia Church graciously allow SCS the use of their facilities including: spacious classrooms, buildings and modular units, and playgrounds.
- Students also have access to an elementary school library and a new upper school computer lab.
- Each student earning a diploma from Southside Christian School will have successfully completed required courses and elective options based on the college preparatory track.
- Students are required to complete requirements of English, Bible, Math, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, Computer, Physical Education and electives.
- Fine Arts, Foreign Language and various electives provide additional opportunities for a well-rounded education.
- SCS course requirements meet the admissions standards for the University of North Carolina.
- High School students are required to complete twenty service hours each year.
SCS Admissions Forms 2020-21
Please refer to the Athletic section for required forms to participate in sports with the Middle and High School SCS Athletic Teams.
Opportunity Scholarships andChildren with Disability Grant Programs
Opportunity Scholarship & Disability Grant Programs
The Opportunity Scholarship Program (OSP) expands school choice in North Carolina through scholarship grants for eligible children in kindergarten through 12th grade. This program has historically provided funding of up to $4,200 per year for eligible children who choose to attend a participating nonpublic school. All Opportunity Scholarship applications that meet the income eligibility criteria are submitted as directed by the program.
The Children with Disabilities Grant Program (CDG) was created by the North Carolina General Assembly to help parents cover approved expenses for children with disabilities who attend school in an eligible nonpublic setting.
For more information about the either program, please read the following document: