Southside Christian School is prayerful and hopeful that the Lord will provide the funding to begin new campus site work on our 30-acre parcel in the next year or two. Once the site work is completed we hope to construct a gymnasium and an education building to provide athletic facilities and education space for our growing school. Our enrollment is currently over 300 students and the new campus is being designed to have double sections of each grade level and a total of over 500 students. The new campus construction is fully dependent on God’s provision. Thank you for praying for the advancement of SCS and the opportunities to serve Clayton and the surrounding communities. Please see the following conceptual renderings of the proposed buildings and also the proposed site plan.
SCS has partnered with Tony Johnson Architects in Clayton, NC for the development of preliminary building schematics.
SCS has also partnered with Triangle Site Design in Raleigh, NC for Master Site Planning and permitting review.
SCS New CampusVision
- In 2006 God gave the vision for SCS to a group of parents at Southside Church.
- In the years from 2006 to 2018 God provided opportunity for the school to develop programs, to become an accredited school (ACSI/AdvancED) and to partner with over 200 families.
- In 2018 SCS became incorporated as an independent Christian school.
- In 2018 God provided the opportunity to purchase a 30 acre parcel of land.
The future is in the hands of God, the following dates are meant to be a potential timeline as the Lord provides His resources for our school.
- In 2020-21 — the ground will be cleared and the site work completed
- In 2021 — the athletic fields will be completed and SCS will begin having soccer, baseball, and softball games on the new campus site.
- In 2022 — the 54,600 sq. ft. education building or the gymnasium will be constructed (we hope that both buildings can be constructed at the same time).
- If the Lord’s provision allows the buildings to be done in two phases, then we will construct either the gym or the education building first depending on available funds.
- Education building is about $7M and gym is about $3M.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration to give to the SCS New Campus.
SCS Site Work
- Clearing the 30 acre parcel
- Site work will also include: earth moving, grading, construct roadways, parking lots, athletic fields rough graded (softball, baseball, two soccer fields, tennis court pad), building pads (gym and education buildings), utilities, roadways, sidewalks, etc.
- Projected cost is $1.8 Million
Education Building Plans
- Two-story building (Early Childhood & Elementary Floor 1, Middle and High School Floor 2)
- 54,600 sq. ft.
- Student Capacity — 585 (2 sections of each grade level K4-Grade 12)
- 34 classrooms — also large Multipurpose and Fine Arts rooms on Floor 1
- Specialty classes will be on both floors including: Art, Stem, Science Labs, Computer Labs
- Competition Level Gym (hardwood flooring, mezzanine area)
- Fine Arts Stage and Storage
- Concessions and Café Areas
- Weight Room
- 4 Locker Rooms
- Several PE Classrooms
- Bleacher Capacity for Projected Student Enrollment (585)
The Goal for the SCS Building on the Rock Capital Campaign is $1.9 million.
- This will allow SCS to begin site work for the eventual construction of the gym and education buildings and will allow SCS athletics to begin using the newly created athletic fields.
- We are also trusting the Lord for the entire campus funding — approximately $11 M.
SCS Building on the Rock Capital Campaign (giving levels for family, business, or foundation)
Level of giving — 3-Year Commitment
- Platinum Warrior — $300/mth or $3600/year – $10,800
- Gold Warrior $200/mth or $2,400/year – $7,200
- Silver Warrior $100/mth or $1,200/year – $3,600
- Bronze Warrior $50/mth or $600/year — $1,800
Level of giving — 3-Year Commitment
- $1M gift (campus naming rights)
- $500K to $999K (education or gym naming rights)
- $250K to $499K (athletic field naming rights)
- $100K to $249K (classroom or support room naming rights)
Thank you for your ongoing prayers, your commitment to SCS, your contacts with those who can help make this vision for SCS a reality, and for your giving to the SCS Building on the Rock Capital Campaign at the level God has enabled your family.
To make a monetary donation to the SCS Capital Campaign please click on the following link: Donate to Southside Christian School
To make a Gift-in-Kind donation, a gift of stock or other asset please email Mrs. Jenene Davis at JDavis@scswarriors.10web.me