Southside Christian School provides opportunities for International students to attend school in the United States. The purpose of our international program is threefold:
1. To honor God by fulfilling our mission to “impact the world through the teaching of a Christ-centered curriculum in a Christ-centered environment.”
2. To build diversity in our student body by having International students bring cultural perspectives into our school.
3. To give opportunity for International students to have a cross-cultural experience and prepare for an American college experience.
SCS is a SEVIS approved school and is authorized to issue I-20’s to International students who meet our criteria for admissions. This includes documentation outlined in Phase I & II below; as well as, the student must have a valid F-1 Visa.
Admissions to SCS is based on the following:
- Prior academic performance and behavior
- Standardized Test Scores (TOFEL/SLEP)
- Student Recommendation Forms
- Skype Interview with School Administration
Phase I — Admission:
- SCS International Student Application — Application Fee must be paid
- TOFEL or SLEP Scores
- Middle or High School Transcript (last 3 years) – translated into English
- Teacher References from your last school (2 required)
- Immunization Record – translated into English
- Submit Homestay Application if you are requesting Homestay in the USA
- Skype Interview with student/International parents
Phase II — Admission:
- SCS will provide Letter of Acceptance and Enrollment Contract — must be signed and returned
- Proof of Health Insurance (HCC or other approved) — HCC Health Insurance
- SCS will mail you the “Official I-20” — unless you are with an agency
- SCS Coordinator will finalize your Homestay Application
- Fulfill payment obligations based on deadlines in your enrollment contract
- Agency/student must submit US equivalency transcript for any courses taken outside of the USA. A recommended service is: — Worldwide Education Services
SCS International students pay for tuition and additional International Student fees. Host family fees are paid separate from tuition and other SCS fees.
Agencies that we work with for International Student placement include:
- AEEC Southern China
- Venture International Academy
Questions about the SCS International Student Program should be emailed to our International Student Coordinator.